Often times in a yoga class the teacher will suggest to the students to set an intention for the day’s practice and we thought that would be a nice sentiment to bring into this month’s challenge. Your intention can be something specific, or it can be something general like a theme or mantra. It can help carry you through your time on the mat, or it can be something that you can come back to throughout your practice - perhaps whenever you return to tadasana or balasana.
We will be taking turns and alternating the days we host the challenge pose. Here is the list of poses we will be practicing this month:
April 1-6, Opening/standing poses
1. Rox: Plank (Kumbhakasana)
2. Marion: Upward facing dog (Urdhva Mukha Svanasana)
3. Rae: One legged downward dog
4. Ola: Deep forward fold (Padahastasana)
5. Rachael: Tree pose (Vrksasana)
6. Angie: Cat & Cow variations (Marjaryasana & Bitilasana)
April 7-12, Arm balances / inversions
7. Rox: Side crow (Parsva Bakasana) with option for fallen angel
8. Marion: Perched piegon / block under back foot with option for Flying Pigeon (Eka pada galavasana)
9. Rae: Funky pincha or headstand
10. Ola: Handstand or handstand prep
11. Rachael: Wide legged handstand
12. Angie: Eight angle pose (Astavakrasana)
April 13-18, Backbends
13. Rox: Mermaid
14. Marion: Camel (Ustrasana)
15. Rae: King cobra (Raja Bhujangasana)
16. Ola: Two-Legged Inverted Staff Pose (Dwi Pada Viparita Dandasana)
17. Rachael: Wild thing (Camatkarasana)
18. Angie: Crescent lunge with backbend (Anjaneyasana with backbend)
April 19-24, Hip openers
19. Rox: Lizard (Utthan Pristhasana)
20. Marion: Low lunge (Anjaneyasana)
21. Rae: Reclining compass aka infinity pose
22. Ola: Eagle pose (Garudasana)
23. Rachael: Bound angle pose (Baddha Konasana)
24. Angie: Half chair pose with transition to WIII and half moon
April 25-30, Closing/seated poses
25. Rox: Seated wide angle forward fold (Upavistha Konasana)
26. Marion: Lotus variation (Ardha padmasana, padmasana)
27. Rae: Reclining twist with double bind (Supta Matsyendrasana variation)
28. Ola: Reclining bound angle pose (Supta baddha konasana)
29. Rachael: Happy baby (Ananda Balasana)
30. Angie: Seated forward fold (Paschimottanasana)
Here is how you can participate in the challenge:
Post your photo of the day on tumblr and tag it with #aprilintentions. The six of us will be tracking the tag and liking/commenting/reblogging them.
- (Optional) You can also tag us (#tothemarathonandback, #bendyrae, #sassyyogi, #donutyogi, #nivueniconnue, #rachaeldee) in your posts too.
- In each of your posts, include a note about your intention for the day’s practice.
Remember to have fun, breathe, and enjoy your time on the mat. We will be offering modifications and variations for the poses, especially for the more challenging ones, so please do not force your body into a certain pose if you do not feel ready.
It’s yoga practice, not yoga perfect. Please don’t be discouraged if you have trouble with the pose of the day; message any one of us and we will be more than happy to help you. Please enjoy this month’s challenge and all of us are so excited to practice with you. We can’t wait to see all of your posts! Namaste.
Uh, did you guys mean to post that dick pic earlier today? If it stays up, can you please tag it as nsfw?
Absolutely not. This feed is run by a web script that just looks for keywords on Instagram and reposts some of them. I don’t have a way to queue or draft those posts here to Tumblr, so I occasionally have to clean up. The same occurs on the other scripted Tumblr I run, ashtangagram.
Because of this event and some others, I am going to pause this Tumblr feed (or at least the automatic posting part of it) until I can find a better solution that will be:
1) Less posting volume
2) Curated directly by me
3) Cream of the crop images
Thanks for your patience in the meantime!
- Your mod
Today, I challenge you to and do your practice in an unfamiliar place … or with a new prop to challenge you 😜 ••• “you only know yourself when you go beyond your limits.” - ••• don’t get stuck in your habits and repeat the same routine everyday. push yourself past your limits. put yourself at the edge of your comfort zone, learn to find the discomfort in comfort. ••• “You create what you think about most. Your current circumstances are the manifestation of your past thoughts and expectations. Take some time and look at your life. See how you have created exactly what you have focused upon most. Once you recognize this, you have a choice to make. Accept responsibility for your life and use your power to expand and improve it, or allow your thoughts to randomly create your future. Most limits in your life are self-imposed. Most obstacles you face, you put there. Most dis-ease you feel, you invited into your life. Once you accept the simple truth that you are perfect and the negativity you experience is mainly your doing, then you can change your life. You can choose happiness, health and wealth. So, accept responsibility for your problems and choose goodness. It really is that simple. As soon as you decide I AM abundant, I AM happy, I AM powerful, I AM healthy, I AM love you become so.” - ••• LET’S SEE YOU GO PAST YOUR LIMITS AND OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE!
by getoffyourasana via Instagram http://ift.tt/1fh2cIB
This is my version of today’s pose, Hanumanasana, day 24 of There was no way in hell my legs were getting in the splits so I did a lunge instead! :) @kinoyoga @beachyogagirl @fitqueenirene @liquidoactive @yoga
by kassie_tiu via Instagram http://ift.tt/OSMaOC
Haven’t had a chance to play with the new app yet, but I’m looking forward to it! So here’s a plain and simple peacock tonight 😊 @patbailey @gordonogden @monkeymix
by erin_yoga via Instagram http://ift.tt/1fh24ZI
Day 21, 22, 23 of with @beachyogagirl @kinoyoga @fitqueenirene @liquidoactive
by mazlovesmik via Instagram http://ift.tt/OSM75n
This is Bhu Mudra, Gesture of Mother Earth. With this Mudra we close our work with the root chakra for . Always remember how important it is to connect on a deeper level with Mother Earth. <3 thank you to @danafares and @allyoucanyoga :) Namaste <3
by katebullet via Instagram http://ift.tt/1fh1VFF
"We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are."
by lovelifeliveyoga via Instagram http://ift.tt/1fh1TO3
Here’s the yoga pose he picked to do and wants to say thank you so much for all the kind and sweet comments! He said, you guys are awesome ♥♥♥ @allyoucanyoga @yogainspirations
by ontherakz via Instagram http://ift.tt/OSM0qs
by nicf79 via Instagram http://ift.tt/1eMWmBS
Happy day 25 of challenge! I’m feeling under the weather today with a cold so I welcomed today’s seated twist. This pose felt great as I stretched my legs and sidebody! Nice choice @bohemian_heart 🙏 @liifong @jkrocket @yogagrams @om_yogini
by dubcc_83 via Instagram http://ift.tt/1fh1KKj
Day 25 @paigepodbelsek @busybodblog @erin_thealmondeater @superlovetees @laakra @uriahclearlight
by ccoffey1989 via Instagram http://ift.tt/OSLVDh
I had to post @artisticluna awesome pics because since I posted @vegheadlife pics I have been in love with yoga pics. Please send me more pics like this and I will post your pics as well.
by everydayfitnesswomen via Instagram http://ift.tt/1fh1ICm
Very late posts Day 17, 18, 19 and 20 of a wobbly one hand variatio @dms_yoga @dimaharani @goplantyourself @yoga_davina
by mazlovesmik via Instagram http://ift.tt/1j0TRNR
for today’s with @kinoyoga @fitqueenirene & @beachyogagirl ☀️🙏❤️ practice 😁
by suburbangypsy via Instagram http://ift.tt/1j0TN0z